- agribusiness the entire complex of large corporations involved in agriculture
- DDT a pesticide, developed in 1874, whose effect on the environment led to its banning in the United States during the 1970s
- mustard gas various highly dangerous sulfur compounds used (most notoriously in World War I) as a lethal form of chemical warfare and so named because it is said to smell like horseradish or mustard
- mutations changes in genetic information, including those caused by exposure to particular chemical compounds
- nerve gas various chemical weapons that interrupt...