W. E. B. Du Bois: The Souls of Black Folk(1903)
- “Atlanta Compromise” the informal name of a speech given by Booker T. Washington in 1895
- Attucks, Salem, and Poor African Americans Crispus Attucks, Peter Salem, and Salem Poor, who fought in the Revolutionary War
- Aycock North Carolina governor Charles Aycock, a white supremacist
- Banneker Benjamin Banneker, an accomplished African American scientist, mathematician, and surveyor who helped lay out Washington, D.C.
- Barbadoes James G. Barbadoes, one of the founders of the American...