Code of Hammurabi (Long Version)(1752 BCE)
- awilu a free person of the upper class
- barleycorn a unit of currency, often silver, the size of a grain of barley
- bridewealth amount paid to the parents of a bride by the groom or his family
- iku, kur, sar, seah-measure, sila ancient measurements of area, weight, or volume for which there are no precise equivalents today
- la'bum disease a malarial-type fever or a skin disease
- naditu a priestess who was forbidden to have children
- River Ordeal truth verification process where a witness,...