Elbridge Gerry: Second Reply to “A Landholder”(1788)
- cacoethes scribendi Latin for “an irresistible urge to write”
- calumny defamation, a false accusation
- Gil Blas a French novel, L’Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane, written by Alain-René Lesage in the early eighteenth century
- Luther Martin one of the delegates to the Constitutional Convention who refused to sign the new Constitution (1748–1826)
- magnanimity generosity of spirit
- Mandeville Bernard de Mandeville (1670–1733), Dutch physician who moved to...