Colegrove v. Green(1946)
- apportionment the act of dividing a state or other entity into legislative districts
- cannot be met by verbal fencing cannot be settled simply by arguing
- due regard for the Constitution … precludes judicial correction if one takes the Constitution seriously, then it is not possible to use the courts to change it
- mandamus a court order requiring another court to perform a particular action
- the popular House the House of Representatives
- until 1842 a reference to the Dorr Rebellion, in which a group led by Thomas Dorr of Rhode Island agitated for...
Felix Frankfurter (Library of Congress)View Full Size