Gerald Gardner: Book of Shadows(ca. 1953)
- Amalthean Horn Prayer: an adaption of a poem published by Aleister Crowley in 1907; in classical mythology, Amalthea, a foster mother of the Greek god Zeus, was depicted with a “horn,” that is, a cornucopia overflowing with grains and fruits.
- amulet: a piece of jewelry thought to provide magical protection against evil or disease
- Aphrodite: the Greek goddess of love and sexuality
- Aradia: the daughter of Lucifer and the goddess Diana, sent to earth to teach oppressed Italian peasants how to use witchcraft against the upper classes
- Arianrhod: a Celtic goddess famed for her...
The goddess Diana (Yale University Art Gallery)View Full Size