Lotus Sutra(ca. 100 BCE–200 CE)
- Ajnata-Kaundinya: one of the five ascetics who were companions of the Buddha
- arhat: personal awakening
- bodhisattva: or “buddha-to-be,” one who is dedicated to the liberation of all beings and is thus an embodiment of compassion
- Brahma: the Hindu god of creation
- Devadatta: Shakyamuni’s (the Buddha’s) cousin
- Dharma: a complex concept that can refer to the basic principles of the cosmos or to a person’s duty to follow a virtuous path
- Indra Devendra: title given to the Hindu god...