Martin Luther: Ninety-five Theses(1517)
- Apostolic pardon an indulgence, given by a priest, for the remission (releasing from guilt) of sins
- commissary in this context, person responsible for executing a function of a superior
- greater graces as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11
- mortuary and anniversary masses respectively, masses for the dead individually and for all those who have died in a given year
- St. Lawrence a bishop who was tortured and martyred in the third century, during the reign of the Roman emperor...