Martin v. Hunter’s Lessee(1816)
- appellate jurisdiction the right of a court to hear cases previously heard by other, lower courts
- comity legal reciprocity shown between different governments or jurisdictions
- coram non judice a legal term used to describe a legal proceeding without proper venue or jurisdiction
- devisee a person who inherits land through a will
- ejectment a common law term to describe the recovery of land (“real property”)
- escheat the right of a state to take property that has no legal heirs or...