TEACH THE CLASS. NOT THE TEXTBOOK.
With Milestone Documents, you design your course materials from among our huge collection of primary sources, unique textbook layer, and optional instructor resources, such as lecture notes and assessments. Our ever-expanding collection of documents is accompanied by in-depth commentary from a team of 300 scholars, and our innovative textbook layer of peer-reviewed narrative articles makes us an affordable alternative to traditional textbooks. You have total control over which elements you assign to your class and the ability to change them at any time. It's your class. Teach it how you like.
1,400 primary sources (and counting)
More primary sources than any printed reader could hold, all in one place.... More
More primary sources than any printed reader could hold, all in one place.
• Curated by the Editors in Chief of each subject area
• Constantly expanding. Have requests? Let us know.
• Accompanied by in-depth commentary and analysis by a global team of 300 scholars
• Students and instructors get access to the entire collection Collapse
Innovative textbook layer
Assign peer-reviewed narrative articles alongside our documents.... More
Assign peer-reviewed narrative articles alongside our documents.
• Available Fall 2013 for survey courses in U.S. History, World History, and Western Civilization
• Coordinated by the Editor in Chief of each subject area and vetted by our Review Board
• Constantly expanding with new units. Assign only the articles that you want to assign, and change it up at any time. Collapse
Pedagogical support... More
• Model outlines, recommended documents, lecture notes, and assessments created by the Editors in Chief
• Reports showing you which students have viewed their assigned readings and which students are the most active and engaged on the site
• Unique course home pages for each class
• A readings list for your class that you can customize and change at any time Collapse
An affordable, digital solution for students
Only $19.95/semester (Standard Edition). Special pricing for K-12 classrooms.... More
Only $19.95/semester (Standard Edition). Special pricing for K-12 classrooms.
• Students can highlight, take notes, and star their favorite items
• Students can print any item on the site
• Accessible via any computer, smart phone, or tablet computer. Collapse
See how these professors use Milestone Documents in the classroom.... More
See how these professors use Milestone Documents in the classroom.
• Jonathan Rees, Colorado State--Pueblo
• Eric Cunningham, Gonzaga University
• Karen Linkletter, Cal State--Fullerton
• Pam Laird, Colorado Denver Collapse